Some random thoughts on E3 2010
I haven’t scoured every bit of detail about E3 so far and I certainly haven’t watched any of the press conferences. I’ve watched a few trailers and interviews and read some news bits and previews. Some thoughts.
– Dead Space 2 looks awesome, just like the first one.
– Zelda: Skyward Sword looks extremely “meh” and it annoys me to no end that none of the 2D games were included at the start of the E3 trailer.
– I’m really looking forward to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Has me wanting to play through the first one again.
– Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood looks interesting.
– Medal of Honor and Call of Duty: Black Ops haven’t wowed me at all, thinking that with everything I have to play, I’ll just pass on them and pick them up when they’re in the bargain bin.
– New Xbox 360 looks spiffy and I want one. Will depend on income, though, not a must-buy. Would be cool, though.
– Kinect is cool but soooooo gimmicky. Haven’t seen anything about the PlayStation Move yet, but my attitude towards that is the same. Fun for a short while, then it collects dust.
– Gears 3 will probably be a release day-buy for me.
– The Nintendo 3DS seems cool, although I’m not going gaga over Kid Icarus, since I didn’t play the NES game that much.
– I’m insanely excited about Fallout New Vegas, Halo Reach and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. Add Deus Ex and Dead Space 2 to those and you have my five winners so far this year.
– Rage, Ghost Recon, Super Scribblenauts and Crysis 2 are all in the upper echelon of my excitement, but not overly so.
– Metal Gear Rising looks very cool, but it’s not my kind of genre, so I’ll probably pass on it.
– The new XBLA Castlevania game didn’t get me one bit excited. It’s a raid game. I want the Metroidvania, not a damn multiplayer raid game.
– DarkStar One: Broken Alliance looks incredibly cool, but it’s one of those games that I will want to play before I buy it, because it seems like it might be too big for its own good, making all the parts mediocre. That’s a risk with big games like that, but if they pull it off, I’m buying it.
– Goldeneye with Daniel Craig? Epic meh.
– Portal 2 should be fun.
– PlayStation Plus was a given. Should be fun to see how the PS3 fanboys react to rationalize their whining about Xbox Live being paid.
Also, as a Swede I have to go through the pain of listening to other Swedes butcher the English language when they pronounce stuff. I just heard Raving Rabbids pronounced in a way that I didn’t think was possible. I might be unforgiving here, but I think that if you spend so much time using and consuming modern media, like most gamers in their 20s and 30s do, you shouldn’t fuck up the pronunciation THAT badly. It shouldn’t even be considered your second language, because you’re exposed to it so damn much it should be second NATURE. It’s just unacceptable. Woe…
- July 2015 (1)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (1)
- March 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- May 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (8)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (36)
- August 2010 (10)
- June 2010 (13)
- May 2010 (18)
- April 2010 (6)
- 193,358 of them!